Thursday, February 13, 2014

Creamy Pineapple/Avocado Slaw


I love fish tacos. I don't understand how anyone couldn't love fish tacos, well unless they just don't like seafood or unless they happen to be my mother. MOM, try them. Seriously. They are so good. I digress. I created this slaw as I usually order fish tacos out at restaurants and they always have some delicious mango or pineapple slaw to go with it. I figured I can make something just as yummy at home. This is also great as a side for sandwiches or even on its own. I recently served this with cuban sandwiches which all paired really well together. The kahlua pork on the sandwiches and pineapple were meant to be eaten together. 

Its creamy, savory, and sweet but also a bit crunchy due to the broccoli slaw. Its a great dish any time of year, and everyone will be impressed when you show up with this deliciousness.

  • 1 bag broccoli slaw mix
  • 2 avocados cut into chunks
  • 3/4 cup raisins
  • 1/2 cup light mayo
  • 3/4 cup cilantro salad dressing (trader joes) - or make your own
  • 1/2 fresh pineapple cut into small chunks
  • 3 tbsp minced red onion
  • 1 tbsp lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes

DIRECTIONS:

  1. Empty bag of slaw into large mixing bowl
  2. Add pineapple, raisins, & onions
  3. Mix in mayo and cilantro salad dressing - adding more of either ingredient if you wish.
  4. Add in lime juice, red pepper flakes and mix again.
  5. Add avocado last and serve

Step 2: Adding pineapple, onion & raisins to bagged slaw
Step 5: Mixing all ingredients - avocado last

Dinner is served!



No comments:

Post a Comment